M.I.I.L.A. recognizes that one of the great challenges of our time is to make decisions that take environmental impact into consideration. We believe that wehave a crucial role in educating our students, as global citizens, about ecological awareness and responsibility. In this effort, we strive to meet high standards of sustainability in our facilities during day-to-day activities.
- Limit the amount of paper used in day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Limit the amount of paper used during classes: teachers will not distribute photocopies or handouts to students if they do not bring their textbooks or workbooks.
- Internal memos and communication with students, suppliers and agents will be done via email or the internet as often as possible.
- Instill in students the desire to participate individually and collectively in sustainable activities both locally and in their home countries.
- Encourage recycling and explain procedures to students.
- Conserve energy by turning off the lights, computers, television screens, projectors and other electronic equipment and devices that are not in use.
- Conserve water by tightly closing faucets after use, and by not letting the water run while washing the dishes in the kitchen.
- Minimize the use of non-renewable resources
- Use biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning products