M.I.I.L.A. organizes activities and excursions on a regular basis. Activity calendars are posted on the student bulletin board every session and you can register any time. We often hold information sessions in the student lounge so that you can find out more about each activity. We strongly encourage you to participate in as many activities as possible, as activities are a great way to practice the language outside the classrooms, to make friends, and to discover your new host country. When you go home, you will have tons of pictures to show your friends and unforgettable memories!
Some of our activities may include: weekend trips to New York City, Boston, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Niagara Falls; whale watching in Tadoussac; skiing at Mont Tremblant; hiking, camping or canoeing in one of the famous national parks; ice skating in the Old Montreal; happy hour parties (for students 18 years or older), singing at karaoke bars and dancing in nightclubs; and so much more!
Rules and Regulations
- Students are expected to speak English or French only.
- Students are accountable to M.I.I.L.A. personnel for their actions.
- Students are required to be prepared for the educational excursion with the appropriate clothing, equipment and supplies.
- Students are required to follow the directions and guidance of all personnel involved with the excursion.
- International students must have proper authorization and medical coverage for participation in academic excursions.
- Drugs and alcohol are strictly forbidden.